Oh dude wait no I read it as starting at 8:00am for some reason… I can totally go!
Go! and then find me and we can hang out!
- me: you should listen to Andrew Bird.
- friend: what's he do? what's he play?
- me: well, he plays violin.
- friend: okay, that's coo-
- me: and guitar and glokenspiel, and whistles and uses a loop machine. and he uses these phonograph speakers connected to the loop machine and violin and it spins around and all the music comes flowing out it sounds like surround sound. you should see him in concert if you get the chance he's like a one man orchestra. sometimes he plucks his violin like a guitar and he'll loop certain pieces and then uses them throughout the song. so like he'll play something on violin, loop it, then whistle, and loop it ans then add on guitar and vocals. did I mention he sings too? he's got a beautiful voice, actually, he did a cover of It's Not Easy Being Green, funny story, he wrote a bunch of songs for The Muppets movie and none of them got used but they did use his whistling. but he's also known for his Bowl of Fire albums which all embrace this cool new orleans jazz vibe mixed in with vaudeville and bluegrass ...
- friend: ...
- me: do you want me to lend you my copy of Mysterious Production of Eggs? that's a pretty good album to start with.
Nine Days of Spring Awakening: Day One — Favorite Quote
So, what will I say? I’ll tell them all, the angels, ‘I got drunk in the snow! And sang. And played pirates.’ Yes, I’ll tell them, I’m ready now, I’ll be an angel. Ten minutes ago you could see the entire horizon. Now only the dusk, and the first few stars. So dark, So dark. So dark…